Listed House

London NW8

The property is a detached single family Victorian dwelling, built  c.1840. It was listed grade II on 9 January 1970 and lies within St John’s Wood Conservation Area.  The design proposal seeks to provide a modern living environment by creating a new basement floor which extends into the rear garden to provide open plan leisure space to the historical building.

Consideration has been given to the aspects of significance in terms of the building’s architectural and historic interest and no significant changes are proposed within the historic core of the building or streetscence.

AU Architects