St Johns Wood Listed House 1
The property is a detached single-family Victorian dwelling, built c.1840. It was listed Grade II on 9 January 1970 and lies within St John’s Wood Conservation Area. The design proposal seeks to provide a modern living environment whilst retaining and sensitively restoring some of the original decorative features discovered through opening up work investigations.
The proposals also allow for a new single-storey frameless glass structure to the side of the principal house. The transparency of this small single-storey side infill extension is modest in scale and proportions and the proposed alterations are sympathetic to the building and context. The new frameless double-glazed structure with aluminium framed doors and raised flanking brick wall aims to sit back and form a modern addition to the rear North East Elevation of this house.
Consideration has been given to the aspects of significance in terms of the building’s architectural and historic interest and no significant changes are proposed within the historic core of the building or streetscence.
Private & Confidential
Refurbishment & extensions to Grade II Listed Detached House
Planning, Technical Design,
Construction & Handover